How to Report an Auto or Property Claim
If you need to report an auto or property claim, please call our office at 716-684-6000 between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, to speak with an agency representative.
If our office is closed, you may also report a claim directly to your insurance carrier as many offer 24/7 claims service. Click here for a carrier directory of websites and claims phone numbers.
If you have an auto claim:
- Gather important information from the scene of the accident, including street names, intersections, and witness contact information
- Make sure to collect information from all other parties involved, including names, addresses, phone numbers, license numbers, car plate numbers, auto insurance policy information, and anything else that pertains to the accident
- Report the claim immediately
- Promptly comply with any instructions given to you by your insurance carrier
NOTE: New York State requires you to report a loss and submit all paperwork needed to process the claim within a limited number of days. Full compliance with these standards will help ensure your claim is settled quickly and smoothly, as well as expedite your payment.
If you have a property claim:
- Report the loss immediately, either to a claims representative in our agency or your insurance carrier
- Keep damaged property for an adjuster to see
- Protect your property from further loss, as necessary (weather, theft, exposure, etc)
- Follow all instructions with regard to gathering estimates of damages and repairs
- Promptly submit all required information and forms as requested by your insurance carrier